Buy a Gift Voucher
Pet First Aid
Pet First Aid. Course Code: RSV101FA3
Learn how to measure vital signs of life, bandage a bleeding wound, perform CPR and maintain safety while working with an injured pet.
About this course:
What would happen if your pet was injured? Do you really know how to tell the difference between slightly unwell and needs immediate attention? This course teaches you to measure vital signs of life in pets, bandage a bleeding wound, perform CPR on an animal, and maintain safety while working with an injured pet.
Our programs are tailored for those wanting to enter the animal industry or already working within this field, as well as helping people to increase skills with their own pets.
- Please arrive at the Burwood East Education Centre 10 minutes before your class to register and so that we can start on time. Parking is available on site.
- Meet and work with our experienced Education staff and their animals, along with industry experts, throughout the session for practical, hands-on skill development.
- Work through a detailed course book (yours to keep) with theoretical, scientific and clinical information based on our years of experience in animal welfare and caring for dogs.
- How to observe and measure vital signs of life in your pet
- How to bandage a bleeding wound and perform CPR on an animal
- Maintain safety while working with an injured pet
- A hands-on, practical class – meet and work with our industry experts and qualified trainers
- Informative and fun session to increase your knowledge and skills
- Detailed course manual to take home
- Certificate of Attendance
- Your enthusiasm!
Please wear neat casual clothing and closed-in shoes.
Pet owners, potential pet owners, those working with pet owners or their pets. Attendees must be 16 years or older.
The following booking conditions apply:
- If the Booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, the full fee will be refunded;
- If the Booking is cancelled 14 -30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, 50% of the full fee will be refunded; and
- If the Booking is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, there will be no refund.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants must be 16 years or older (excluding Animal Career Discovery Day where this is 'Year 9 or above').
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants will be involved in a range of hands-on activities visiting various parts of the Burwood East site. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants enter at own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.