Buy a Gift Voucher
Stop Doing That - Pulling & Jumping
Stop Doing That - Pulling & Jumping. Course Code: RSV201SDT3PJ
Is your dog walking you rather than the other way around? Is your dog jumping all over your guests when they come to visit? We can help!
About this course:
Are you frustrated with your dog walking you, rather than the other way around? Does your dog like to have a face-to-face greeting with your guests when they arrive at your house? This course will help you understand why your dog might be pulling and jumping and what you can do about it. You’ll learn new training techniques and get a demonstration of different equipment that can help modify these unwanted behaviours. Come along and meet our skilled experts and education dogs and learn practical skills you can easily apply at home. One thing’s for sure, your walks to the park will be far more enjoyable and there’ll be a little less paw when you answer the door!
- Understanding dog behaviour • Behaviour training techniques • How to create a more enriching environment for your dog
- Delivery by our industry experts and qualified trainers • A demonstration of practical training techniques • Informative and fun session to increase your knowledge and skills • Helpful take home resources • A Certificate of Attendance
Please wear neat, casual clothing.
Those working with dogs, pet owners, potential pet owners, those working with pet owners. Attendees must be 16 years or older.
Thursday 10th January: this session will focus on 'barking'
Friday 11th January: this session will focus on 'pulling'
The following booking conditions apply:
- If the Booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, the full fee will be refunded;
- If the Booking is cancelled 14 -30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, 50% of the full fee will be refunded; and
- If the Booking is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, there will be no refund.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants must be 16 years or older (excluding Animal Career Discovery Day where this is 'Year 9 or above').
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants will be involved in a range of hands-on activities visiting various parts of the Burwood East site. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants enter at own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.