Buy a Gift Voucher
Reactive Rovers. Course Code; RSV201RR3
Learn how to recognise and understand reactivity in dogs – from the overly eager greeter to the fearful shouter – and how they might learn a different response.
About this course:
When walking with your dog does he spin and spark up when passing people? Do they eagerly greet your guests by jumping up on them? Do they shout or snark at other dogs when out on their walk? These may be signs of an overreaction to a stimuli which can be an emotional response to something that has been learned. Learn how to recognise the triggers of your dog's behaviour and change their response through this Reactive Rovers course. We’ll help you understand the basis of your dog’s behaviour and teach you the basic skills and training techniques to manage reactivity.
- Identifying triggers for the reactive behaviour • Understanding the behaviour of your dog • Training and management techniques to help your dog learn a different response • Appropriate interactions and activities for reactive dogs
- Delivery by our industry experts and qualified trainers • A demonstration of practical training techniques • Informative and fun session to increase your knowledge and skills • Helpful take home resources • A Certificate of Attendance
We will be spending some time outside and touring around, so please bring weather appropriate clothing.
Those working with dogs, pet owners, potential pet owners, those working with pet owners. Attendees must be 16 years or older.
The following booking conditions apply:
- If the Booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, the full fee will be refunded;
- If the Booking is cancelled 14 -30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, 50% of the full fee will be refunded; and
- If the Booking is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, there will be no refund.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants must be 16 years or older (excluding Animal Career Discovery Day where this is 'Year 9 or above').
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants will be involved in a range of hands-on activities visiting various parts of the Burwood East site. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants enter at own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.