Buy a Gift Voucher
Introduction to caring for your feathered friends.
You’ve got chickens, now what?
This live, online class will teach you all the basics you need to know about caring for your new pets.
About this course:
When it comes to caring for chickens, you’ll be ahead of the flock with our newly hatched Get Clucking micro course!
Chickens are very clever and make great pets when they receive the right care...and don’t forget those fresh eggs.
Find out how you can provide an enriched living environment for your fluffy fowl by learning about their behaviour, feeding, diet, health, egg production, housing, safe handling and transport. They’ll never want to fly the coop!
- Chicken behaviour, communication and social structure
- Common health issues, egg production, diet and nutrition
- Requirements for housing, safe handling techniques and transportation
- Delivery by our industry experts and qualified trainers
- Informative and fun session to increase your knowledge and skills
- Helpful downloadable resource and a Certificate of Attendance
N/a. This course is delivered online via Zoom.
Those wanting to work in the animal care industry, pet owners, potential pet owners, those working with pet owners.
The following booking conditions apply:
- If the Booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, the full fee will be refunded;
- If the Booking is cancelled 14 -30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, 50% of the full fee will be refunded; and
- If the Booking is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, there will be no refund.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants must be 16 years or older (excluding Animal Career Discovery Day where this is 'Year 9 or above').
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants will be involved in a range of hands-on activities visiting various parts of the Burwood East site. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants enter at own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.