Buy a Gift Voucher
Pet First Aid
for bushfire affected communities
Would you know how to help your pet in a first aid emergency?
RSPCA Victoria is offering its popular animal first aid course, Focused First Aid for Pets free of charge to community members based in bushfire affected or prone areas in Victoria.
This initiative will be funded by funds raised during the RSPCA Victoria bushfire appeal.
About this course:
Many pet owners would panic if their pet was involved in an accident, however, learning basic first aid skills for pets can mean the difference between life and death.
Focused First Aid for Pets is a 1 hour 30-minute webinar focused on providing participants with the best information available to be better placed to help a pet in the case of an emergency situation.
Topics covered will include;
- How to prepare their pets for evacuation in the event of an emergency (such as a bushfire)
- How to care for animals with burns and heat exhaustion
- CPR, bandaging, injuries sustained by cars and how to monitor vital signs
- How to pick up on the warning signs of heat stress and how to avoid it
- What to do if a pet is bitten by a snake and how to manage insect bites
Your will receive downloadable resources to take away with you for reference.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be prepared for that one day we hope won't happen but all too commonly will!
- How to apply DRSABC to animal emergencies
- Maintaining safety while assisting with an injured pet
- How to help in emergencies common in the warmer months
- Informative and fun session to increase your knowledge and skills
- Course booklet & pdf of the presentation
- Certificate of Attendance
- Your enthusiasm!
N/A. This is an online course
Pet owners, potential pet owners, those working with pet owners or their pets. Attendees must be 16 years or older.
The following booking conditions apply:
- If the Booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, the full fee will be refunded;
- If the Booking is cancelled 14 -30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, 50% of the full fee will be refunded; and
- If the Booking is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, there will be no refund.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants must be 16 years or older (excluding Animal Career Discovery Day where this is 'Year 9 or above').
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants will be involved in a range of hands-on activities visiting various parts of the Burwood East site. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants enter at own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.